Elite Sales Performer Trait #7: Resilience
Elite Sales Performer Trait #7: They are Resilient.
So what does it truly mean to be resilient?
Here are some examples:
1. Resilience is the ability to get back up quickly after failures, obstacles, and setbacks.
Often times the greatest success lies directly on the other side of failure, but we will never see this success if we stop trying our best.
In my own career I’ve seen this repeated time and time again:
– I got into Salesforce after getting rejected three times
– I finished as the #1 Enterprise Select AE after missing quota three YEARS in a row
– I closed my first 8 figure deal after losing a 7 figure deal
We are constantly being tested, and Elite Performers keep going when the going gets tough, because they know that’s where growth occurs.
2. Resilience means keeping your faith, hope, and belief alive every day even when you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Resilient sales pros have a very strong WHY which enables them to keep going in pursuit of their goals and dreams.
That faith is the foundation which allows them to bounce back quickly.
After all, if you don’t think you believe you will succeed what’s the point of trying so hard?
3. Resilience is a mindset that enables a person to view the negative, challenging events in their lives as neutral or even positive.
As one of my mentors Chris Dorris often shares, “The Problem is the Gift”.
When something bad happens in my own life, even the most tragic of circumstances, I tell myself “This is happening FOR me, not TO me.”
Then I do my best to dig deep and explore what good can possibly come out of the situation.
In todays video, I share how to build resiliency and give examples of some very challenging times in my life where I grew stronger through failure and adversity.
If you would like to download the full list of the Top 10 Traits of Elite Sales Performers, I’ve included a link to a free infographic below 👇