Selling is helping
Selling is helping.
Definition of help:
1. make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one’s services or resources.
Selling is not:
- Applying unnatural pressure on somebody who is not ready or able to make a decision on your timeline
- Trying to convince a prospect to buy something they may not want or need
- Using persuasion techniques and tactics to manipulate somebody into moving forward
While sales may be increasingly complex, it still comes down to four basic steps:
- Understand what your prospect wants most (desired outcomes or future state)
2. Dig deep into whats stopping them from getting it (current challenges or pain points)
3. Show them how you can help them get what they want through use of your product and service
4. Ask for the business and stay quiet
Until you KNOW that what you are selling will HELP your client, you haven’t earned the right to ask them for your business.
Understand first. Demonstrate second. Sell last.
If you follow these steps, closing the deal is easiest part of the sale.