Work smarter, not harder
Are you a “busy worker” or a “focused worker”?
Many AE’s confuse “hard work” for “busy work,” which feels like a grind and prevents the most important things from getting done.
Here’s what “busy work” looks like:
- working excessively long hours, including nights and some weekends
- moving from one menial task to another without prioritizing activities
- being “responsive” to demands that come in throughout the day over phone and email, and dropping what you’re doing to respond immediately
- always feeling anxious and stressed because you are constantly “behind”
- doing the easy, mindless things first
To provide a contrast, here’s what “focused” work looks like:
- working sustainable hours that provide balance and let you do things you love outside of work
- identifying the most impactful activities that will move your business forward and prioritizing those above all else. In sales, it’s either creating pipeline or advancing pipeline.
- blocking off time to execute on the “critical few” every day.
- saying NO to the constant distractions and requests which pull you away from those things
- delegating or automating low value activities that take up your time regularly
Work smarter, not harder!